AWS Web Hosting – How to Get Free Hosting for your Website
Amazon Web Services (AWS Free Tier Hosting), is one of the renowned cloud web hosting provider that offer businesses with a flexible & low-cost way to deliver websites
Along with web hosting, they offer a suite of related services like content delivery, scheduled backups, and elastic load balance.
Why Use AWS for Web Hosting?
Just follow the steps below to learn to get free web hosting and install WordPress.
1. Visit: https://aws.amazon.com/ and click ‘Create an AWS Account‘.
2. Just fill the form with the information asked and click ‘Continue’.
3. Choose account type as ‘personal’.
4. Fill in all the information asked and click ‘Create Account and Continue’.
5. Enter Payment information. Select ‘Yes’ for PAN and enter the PAN number. If you don’t have a PAN then select ‘NO’.
Please Note: You can’t use Rupay card for getting the access. Please use any Master/Visa/Amex card for the payment.
6. Select ‘Mobile Number’ for OTP. This interface will be displayed differently depending upon the card you are using.
7. Enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile.
8. Next, you need to verify your AWS account with your phone number. Just enter the phone number, enter captcha and click ‘Call me now‘.
9. Follow the instructions provided by the automated response on the call you receive and enter the 4 digits provided on your screen.
10. Select ‘Basic Plan’ on the next screen.
11. Click ‘Sign in to the Console’ button.
12. Now enter the email which you’ve just used to signup to AWS.
13. Enter the password for the AWS account that you’ve created in step-2 above.
14. After logging in, select the server region as ‘N. Virginia’.
15. Go to ‘Services’ and then click ‘EC2‘.
16. Click ‘Launch Instance’.
17. Click ‘AWS Marketplace’ from the left pane.
18. Search for ‘WordPress’ and hit Enter. Click the ‘Select’ button displayed adjacent to ‘WordPress Certified by Bitnami and Automattic’.
19. Now click ‘Launch’.
20. Select the instance type as ‘t2.micro’ and click ‘Review and launch’.
21. After that, click ‘Launch’.
22. Now select ‘Create a new keypair’ from the drop-down. Name your keypair anything, say your domain name. Then click ‘Download Keypair’. Wait for the file (.pem) to get downloaded. Make sure that you save the file somewhere in your system. This file will help you reset the password in future. Then click ‘Launch Instance’.
23. Now the instance has been launched and to check your instance, you need to go to your EC2 dashboard. Just click ‘Services’ and click ‘EC2’.
24. Click ‘EC2’.
25. Now click ‘Running Instances‘.
26. Now, you will notice that the instance that you’ve launched will display status as ‘Initialising’. Just wait for some time say 5 to 10 minutes.
27. After that, you’ll see the green checkmark which means that the instance is now active.
28. Now select your instance and copy the IP address from the bottom-right corner.
29. Now open a new browser tab and paste the IP address in the address bar and hit Enter.
Note: In case you encounter an issue while setting up your instance like xip.io after hitting the URL, you need to terminate your instance by right clicking on it and re-start creating a new instance from Step 19.